Monday 26 September 2011

Le vendemmia and more

My Italian heritage drew me to paint at this great little festival in Little Italy, Ottawa this past weekend. 17 plein air artists painted charming little restaurants, street scenes, or the actual grape stomping attraction. As a fund raiser for Cancer society of Canada, groups actually paid money to participate, by stomping grapes in large tubs for wine making. I have a new appreciation for all the businesses along Preston St., and plan to make it back to Biscotti, a mouth watering coffee place with to-die-for desserts. It was also a chance to discuss my trip next August to Tuscany to paint.

It was a gorgeous weekend to paint out. The whole month has been spectacular weather, important for painting outside. Today was a repeat. I'm kind of hoping for some bad weather so I can rest. This coming weekend is our time to paint fall colours in Wakefield, Quebec. I know its going to be great colour and painting everywhere.
The pastel above was my second painting from Sunday, just before I faded away. The oil painting I also included here of a line of trees in the middle of a field near me. I think they are poetic. If you scroll on over to Sept. 15nth, you'll see my pastel study, prior to painting the oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment