Monday 3 March 2014

Saying good bye to Montana Azul


One of my memories of Montana Azul in the Chirripo Mountains of central Costa Rica, is getting up early to paint these quiet scenes of morning light, and the very hospitable way either Angus or the staff there, were always ready with coffee for me, even when I arrived,...before 6 am! That's all I need, my art supplies, and coffee. Pretty content.
So here is another seating area, and not the last one, but the last for the mountains. This piece is done on Art Spectrum sanded paper. I used the texture of the paper to enhance the stubbled surface of the adobe structure. I think this piece says a lot about the best of Costa Rica. The bright intense colours on the pillows, suggests the rich cultural heritage here, and I left the background very non-descript, yet green. Yep,nature is valued here, and it is every where. Now mind you, on my trips, we are mostly going to places that are typical, so you can get the feeling for the country. We are not at all for "touristy" sites, but searching for astounding natural beauty. It's everywhere.
Stay tuned for my next entry on Costa Rica: Our trip through central Costa Rica to the OSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment