Tuesday 6 January 2015

2015 Here we come,.............................

Check Team Solange off the list


Solange and her Mom

Solange and I would like to extend so much thanks to those who came and supported our special cause this Christmas. It was a great deal of fun that I did not anticipate, seeing lots of old friends, taking all my old "stuff" from Ferraro fine Crafts out and dusting it off. Thanks to YOU, Solange will be out shopping for that special lens that will give her work in Toronto. Solange is my beautiful talented daughter, studying film at Ryerson, in downtown Toronto. We did a bit of fund-raising just before Christmas for her film equipment. What a success. It has me thinking of all the new and out of the box ways people are raising money for creative enterprises. Thinking,...thinking,....dreaming,...
We'll keep you posted if anything amazing happens!


In just a few days I will disappear from the cold and snow and land here-in Costa Rica. I've got my oils and pastels packed and ready to go. I've got a new computer and hope I can blog and paint as I go, keep you all included. I'll be visiting Tanya and Angus of Chirriposa retreats, can't wait to spend some quality time with you two! Stay tuned for some very exciting news for this fall. It's somewhere temperate and,...cultural,...historical....paintable. With a dome that took 800 years to build. . And tall thin pointy black trees. 


Upon my return, there'll  be a late winter open studio starting on Thursday, Feb. 19nth, 9-12 noon, running for 6 weeks. Please e-mail me at margferraro@xplornet.ca if you would like to participate. The cost is $135.60.


I've had a fair amount of complaining directed towards  the lack of life drawing workshops happening at Ferraro. So if you're interested, I may assemble a 3 day workshop for late Feb./early March. If you are one of the complainers, or just plain interested, please contact me at margferraro@xplornet.ca . It's been quite a while since I have instructed in drawing and I miss it! It would be my pleasure. 
Enjoy the wintery weather while you make it through January. I think I will enjoy a little bit of winter, upon my return, with not so cold temps! See you when it starts to melt, and the sun is shining a bit more often. Margaret




No comments:

Post a Comment