Friday 16 January 2015

Day 4 Sunday January 11




Yesterday I gave myself a day of wander, to find things to paint, get my bearings. I harvested bananas right off my own property, and find oranges are growing everywhere. Very juicy oranges, that must be gotten whilst still  at least partially green, and not inhabited by miniature home dwellers.  
Today I started my first paintings. It’s always a bit of a struggle. But I have been at it long enough to know my patterns. After of few days of practice, things will get flowing, and my execution will be,..acceptable? Flowing. Also after a few days, I’ll have harvested so many ideas I won’t know where to go first. The key is to not get too excited, and just go for whatever is most motivating. Staying rallied and focussed, so I don’t lose my patience for what I love. One of the best ways of not losing patience is to let go of all expectations. And just wake up every day, get out there, work, and don’t judge what you are doing. Just do your best every time, and be kind to yourself. If things don’t work out, things don’t work out. It happens to everyone.  And so, I make a start. 

The picture is the view I wake up to every day in the Chirripo mountains, in San Gerardo das rivas.

1 comment:

  1. I'm following you, Margaret. Looking forward to your posts, photos and paintings. Stay safe. Have a blessed time.

    ReplyDelete